**Freight Intensive Item: Cork Leather ships rolled. Extra Shipping Charges May Apply. Find out more on the "Shipping Info" Tab Above.**
High quality Cork Fabric in Wine with PU backing.
- A great alternative to leather.
- It's sustainable, washable, stain resistant, durable, antimicrobial & hypoallergenic!
- It's natural, recyclable and an environmentally friendly product
- Upholstery grade and treated with UV and scotch guard.
- Sold in 2 sizes:
- SMALL: 13 in by 18 in
- MEDIUM: 18 in by 27 in.
- LARGE: 18 in by 54 in.
- NOTE: When making strips, for better results, cut the cork fabric in the opposite direction of the cork lines.
**CORK FABRIC SHIPS ROLLED. IT SHIPS SEPARATELY, AND CANNOT SHIP LETTERMAIL.**
Cork fabric has a similar handle to leather or vinyl. It feels like a quality leather: it_s soft, smooth, and pliable. It is not hard or brittle. Cork fabric looks stunning and unique.
Use it to make handmade bags, wallets, accents on clothing, craft projects, applique, embroidery, shoes, or upholstery.
Backing type: Touch PRO
Backing composition: 15.5% Polyester, 29.5% Cotton, and 55% Polyurethane.
Fabric thickness: 0.85-1.0mm
Made in Portugal.
PROPERTIES OF CORK:
- Over 50% of its volume is air, which makes it very light – it weighs just 0.16 grams per cubic centimeter and can float.
- Elastic and compressible
- Thanks to flexible cellular membranes cork can be fitted against the wall of a bottle under pressure and when released bounces back to its original form.
- Impermeable to liquids and gases
- Suberin and ceroids contained in the cork cell walls makes it practically impermeable to liquids and gases. Its resistance to moisture enables it to age without deteriorating.
- Thermal and acoustic insulator
- Due to gaseous components contained in cork it has low conductivity to heat, noise and vibration.Fire redundantIt burns without a flame and does not emit toxic gases during combustion. It does not absorb dust and is fire resistant in its natural state.
- Highly abrasion resistant
- Cork is extremely resistant to abrasion and has a high friction coefficient. Thanks to its honeycomb structure, its resistance to impact or friction is greater than other hard surfaces.
- Because cork does not absorb dust, it helps protect against allergies and does not pose a risk to asthma sufferers.